We came back from a weekend away to find that our front boundary wall was missing a brick and was even more wonky than before (if possible).
We had always known that we would have to re-build this wall, but we were putting off pulling it down until we were ready to do so. However, we decided it was time to act before it fell on someone and did some damage!
You may recall that our electrics were some what of a death trap when we moved in, particularly in the kitchen, and that the emergency repairs had left us without power to the under-stairs cupboard or half of the lounge. So, the electrics needed fixing and they were an obvious first step in the lounge/diner journey.
Apologies for the tardiness of this post! We did indeed get the decorating in bedroom 2 finished and in time to get the radiator back on the wall for our lovely new boiler to be fitted (there will be a post on that soon I hope). Unfortunately, that weekend we also shifted everything that had been filling our living room up into bedroom 2 so it was out of the way which made taking “after” photos a bit tricky. I’ve had a stab at it though, so here we go…
We blogged a while ago about our Kitchen and the Bodged Electrics, which left the room in a bit of a sorry state. So, whilst we were sorting the study out over Easter, Kate’s Dad came down to help us finish off the Kitchen.
Tiling and Tidying Up Behind the Fridge:
When we moved in to the house we found that there was a large patch of plaster missing on the wall behind the fridge. There were also several large holes and channels where wires had been chased through the walls in the past.
The plasterer has been! Here’s the timelapse (another one!) for the plastering being done. It cuts out early as I managed to mess up charging the camera, but hopefully you should get the gist!
It has thrown up a few surprises, such as realising that the ceiling is not properly fixed in place. It appears that whoever plaster-boarded the ceiling just nailed the boards to the existing ceiling, rather than to the joists themselves. The consequence of this is that, if you climb a ladder, you can push the ceiling upwards by about an inch! The plan is to screw it properly to the joists and then hopefully, at some point in the future, finish it off with coving.
Blogging about our Victorian house renovation!