We came back from a weekend away to find that our front boundary wall was missing a brick and was even more wonky than before (if possible).
We had always known that we would have to re-build this wall, but we were putting off pulling it down until we were ready to do so. However, we decided it was time to act before it fell on someone and did some damage!
Sorry it’s been so long! Life has been very busy and, whilst we’ve had the best of intentions, the blog has taken a back seat as a result. We have been cracking on with the house (and garden) though, so we have plenty to update you with!
Preparing the Existing Floor
When we started our Lounge/Diner renovations, there was a large bump in the middle of the room where there used to be a wall. This needed to be fixed before laying the solid wood top floor to prevent it from becoming damaged and warped over time and to make it easier to lay.
Although it might seem strange that we are blogging about renovating our understairs cupboard, it was actually a lot of work.
When we moved in the space was in a dreadful state of repair and included a crumbling lathe and plaster ceiling, a manky old moth-infested carpet, patchy plaster-work throughout and large holes leading in to the kitchen (as a result of some of the dodgy wiring).
So. Six weeks ago (ish), we bought our first house. ‘Citing times..and somewhat challenging it would appear!
We thought we’d been pretty savvy in our approach. We spent about 6 months researching all aspects of buying a house, finding solicitors, surveyors etc. After two failed attempts, we finally found our house. A lovely little terrace, perfect for our first place and (so we thought) not too much work to be done.
Blogging about our Victorian house renovation!