Apologies for the tardiness of this post! We did indeed get the decorating in bedroom 2 finished and in time to get the radiator back on the wall for our lovely new boiler to be fitted (there will be a post on that soon I hope). Unfortunately, that weekend we also shifted everything that had been filling our living room up into bedroom 2 so it was out of the way which made taking “after” photos a bit tricky. I’ve had a stab at it though, so here we go…
The plasterer has been! Here’s the timelapse (another one!) for the plastering being done. It cuts out early as I managed to mess up charging the camera, but hopefully you should get the gist!
It has thrown up a few surprises, such as realising that the ceiling is not properly fixed in place. It appears that whoever plaster-boarded the ceiling just nailed the boards to the existing ceiling, rather than to the joists themselves. The consequence of this is that, if you climb a ladder, you can push the ceiling upwards by about an inch! The plan is to screw it properly to the joists and then hopefully, at some point in the future, finish it off with coving.
Blogging about our Victorian house renovation!