Once we had replaced our front door we were ready to (finally) get going on revamping the hallway!
We had decided to leave this project until pretty much last as it is quite a small space which has sustained many knocks and dings as we completed all of our other work (i.e. bringing items like fences and the shed through the house as we have no side access).
Sorry it’s been so long! Life has been very busy and, whilst we’ve had the best of intentions, the blog has taken a back seat as a result. We have been cracking on with the house (and garden) though, so we have plenty to update you with!
Although it might seem strange that we are blogging about renovating our understairs cupboard, it was actually a lot of work.
When we moved in the space was in a dreadful state of repair and included a crumbling lathe and plaster ceiling, a manky old moth-infested carpet, patchy plaster-work throughout and large holes leading in to the kitchen (as a result of some of the dodgy wiring).
Apologies for the tardiness of this post! We did indeed get the decorating in bedroom 2 finished and in time to get the radiator back on the wall for our lovely new boiler to be fitted (there will be a post on that soon I hope). Unfortunately, that weekend we also shifted everything that had been filling our living room up into bedroom 2 so it was out of the way which made taking “after” photos a bit tricky. I’ve had a stab at it though, so here we go…
We blogged a while ago about our Kitchen and the Bodged Electrics, which left the room in a bit of a sorry state. So, whilst we were sorting the study out over Easter, Kate’s Dad came down to help us finish off the Kitchen.
Tiling and Tidying Up Behind the Fridge:
When we moved in to the house we found that there was a large patch of plaster missing on the wall behind the fridge. There were also several large holes and channels where wires had been chased through the walls in the past.
Blogging about our Victorian house renovation!