Sorry it’s been so long! Life has been very busy and, whilst we’ve had the best of intentions, the blog has taken a back seat as a result. We have been cracking on with the house (and garden) though, so we have plenty to update you with!
Preparing the Existing Floor
When we started our Lounge/Diner renovations, there was a large bump in the middle of the room where there used to be a wall. This needed to be fixed before laying the solid wood top floor to prevent it from becoming damaged and warped over time and to make it easier to lay.
As we mentioned in the Wall Saga, we needed to finish fixing our electrics before we could properly start decorating the Lounge/Diner. Whilst Kate’s Dad and Mike sorted out the gaping hole in our soggy wall, our lovely electrician set to work on the rest of the room.
Although it might seem strange that we are blogging about renovating our understairs cupboard, it was actually a lot of work.
When we moved in the space was in a dreadful state of repair and included a crumbling lathe and plaster ceiling, a manky old moth-infested carpet, patchy plaster-work throughout and large holes leading in to the kitchen (as a result of some of the dodgy wiring).