We came back from a weekend away to find that our front boundary wall was missing a brick and was even more wonky than before (if possible).
We had always known that we would have to re-build this wall, but we were putting off pulling it down until we were ready to do so. However, we decided it was time to act before it fell on someone and did some damage!
When we moved in, there was no loft ladder available to access the loft. Every time we had to go up there we had to wedge a ladder in against the wall, climb up and lift up the simple bit of ply that rested in the hole and served as a door. We would then come back down, re-position the ladder and make the precarious climb into the loft just next to the stairs.
We have been interested in growing our own food for quite some time, but haven’t had the space to do grow much more than a few herbs or chillis in pots on the kitchen window sill before buying the Raggedy House.
We decided to give up a 2m x 1m patch of lawn to a raised bed and have a go at some square meter gardening. We looked at raised beds in a few different garden centres but they seemed both flimsy and expensive. So, instead we designed and made our own raised bed from deck boards.
We never really intended to do much to the bathroom when we moved it, but there have been quite a few changes in there recently. I think this is turning out to be a “slow and steady” project.
We were forced to replace the basin tap in the bathroom a little while ago when it decided to stop working. As the bath taps seemed to be heading towards the same fate, we bought matching taps at the same time (but didn’t fit them immediately as they weren’t as urgent). We’ve done that now (thanks Mike). Apologies for the poor quality photos, but here they are:
Blogging about our Victorian house renovation!