Apologies for the tardiness of this post! We did indeed get the decorating in bedroom 2 finished and in time to get the radiator back on the wall for our lovely new boiler to be fitted (there will be a post on that soon I hope). Unfortunately, that weekend we also shifted everything that had been filling our living room up into bedroom 2 so it was out of the way which made taking “after” photos a bit tricky. I’ve had a stab at it though, so here we go…
The plasterer has been! Here’s the timelapse (another one!) for the plastering being done. It cuts out early as I managed to mess up charging the camera, but hopefully you should get the gist!
It has thrown up a few surprises, such as realising that the ceiling is not properly fixed in place. It appears that whoever plaster-boarded the ceiling just nailed the boards to the existing ceiling, rather than to the joists themselves. The consequence of this is that, if you climb a ladder, you can push the ceiling upwards by about an inch! The plan is to screw it properly to the joists and then hopefully, at some point in the future, finish it off with coving.
We had the next BIG push on the house this weekend! Bedroom 2. Hopefully, this should allow us to stop living in the lounge quite so much!
Here is the (very quick) video version of what we did. We’ve spent the last two days stripping two lathe and plaster walls (which were, unfortunately, beyond repair) in preparation of the plasterer who is coming on Tuesday morning. It was either that or wait until June to get the room done.
The study is done! Not that we need a study, but it’s always nice to have somewhere to stick the computer and everything else like that!
It took about a week to do, during which time, we had hoped to complete both the study and bedroom two. More to come on that later though!
I realised that, in all the updating, we failed to mention bedrooms! Let’s start with a success story!
We figured that we should tackle the master bedroom fairly early on so that we could at least have somewhere comfy to sleep. We didn’t like the existing colour scheme, it was too dark, so thought we’d try and lighten it a bit. We also wanted to tidy the walls up a bit as they were looking a bit haggered!
Blogging about our Victorian house renovation!