When we last spoke about the bathroom we had just added a new shower (as well as a bit of update in some other areas). However, the old broken shower was still in place and the bathroom was still a bit mouldy/rusty/sad, so there was more that could be done.
When we moved in, there was no loft ladder available to access the loft. Every time we had to go up there we had to wedge a ladder in against the wall, climb up and lift up the simple bit of ply that rested in the hole and served as a door. We would then come back down, re-position the ladder and make the precarious climb into the loft just next to the stairs.
Whilst we had
most some of floorboards up to complete the rewiring, it seemed like a good time to network the house too. Mike wanted to have some hard wired ports in the Study so that we could have a good internet connection for the computer and to allow us to connect our TV to the computer so we can use it to look at photos and play music.
We have fitted an extractor fan in our bathroom (well, our lovely electrician has)!
When winter hit, we really struggled with the levels of condensation in the Raggedy House and we tracked the issue down to the bathroom. We tried everything to reduce the levels of moisture in the house including:
We never really intended to do much to the bathroom when we moved it, but there have been quite a few changes in there recently. I think this is turning out to be a “slow and steady” project.
We were forced to replace the basin tap in the bathroom a little while ago when it decided to stop working. As the bath taps seemed to be heading towards the same fate, we bought matching taps at the same time (but didn’t fit them immediately as they weren’t as urgent). We’ve done that now (thanks Mike). Apologies for the poor quality photos, but here they are: