We came back from a weekend away to find that our front boundary wall was missing a brick and was even more wonky than before (if possible).
We had always known that we would have to re-build this wall, but we were putting off pulling it down until we were ready to do so. However, we decided it was time to act before it fell on someone and did some damage!
Once the retaining wall had been finished, we were able to start work on the much needed shed.
Building the Shed Base
We opted for a concrete block base. This lifts the shed up slightly and therefore allows air to flow around the joists which should help to prolong its life. It was also easier and cheaper than making a solid base for it (particularly given that the only access to the garden is through the house).
With our fences replaced, the next most important thing we wanted in the garden was a shed! We have a fairly decent tool collection which is constantly being added to, but we have nowhere to store it all; therefore, this next stage was vital for having a more organised home.
The next thing we desperately needed to do was replace the fences. We had several quotes for removing the old fences and fitting new ones, but they were so expensive that we decided to have a go at it ourselves. We measured up and bought all of the materials we needed from New Forest Fencing. We had to wait for a couple of weeks for the delivery (due to ordering just after a lot of wintery storms), so in the meantime we got on with preparing the garden.