Sorry it’s been so long! Life has been very busy and, whilst we’ve had the best of intentions, the blog has taken a back seat as a result. We have been cracking on with the house (and garden) though, so we have plenty to update you with!
… (or ‘Thank goodness for GoPro!)
Lately, our dishwasher has been playing up a little. You know the sort of thing, the odd bowl coming out looking like its completely unwashed, the occasional plate with carrots still stuck on.
We thought that maybe the dishwasher was just getting on a little – it did have a hard life before we rescued, repaired and re-employed it! But I wasn’t happy to let it slide that easily, I wanted to know what was happening. The problem is how do you see the inside of a dishwasher when it’s working? We don’t have one of those fancy clear, see-through dishwashers. For that matter, does anyone? (I’d really like to know if I could get one!)
Removing Architrave and Skirting
We decided to replace all the woodwork in the Lounge/Diner as it was looking very tired and mismatched and it was coming away from the walls in places. We started, naturally, by ripping it all out, but were not fully prepared for the state of some of the plaster underneath it!
Preparing the Existing Floor
When we started our Lounge/Diner renovations, there was a large bump in the middle of the room where there used to be a wall. This needed to be fixed before laying the solid wood top floor to prevent it from becoming damaged and warped over time and to make it easier to lay.
Whilst we had
most some of floorboards up to complete the rewiring, it seemed like a good time to network the house too. Mike wanted to have some hard wired ports in the Study so that we could have a good internet connection for the computer and to allow us to connect our TV to the computer so we can use it to look at photos and play music.