We came back from a weekend away to find that our front boundary wall was missing a brick and was even more wonky than before (if possible).
We had always known that we would have to re-build this wall, but we were putting off pulling it down until we were ready to do so. However, we decided it was time to act before it fell on someone and did some damage!
When we last spoke about the bathroom we had just added a new shower (as well as a bit of update in some other areas). However, the old broken shower was still in place and the bathroom was still a bit mouldy/rusty/sad, so there was more that could be done.
When we moved in, there was no loft ladder available to access the loft. Every time we had to go up there we had to wedge a ladder in against the wall, climb up and lift up the simple bit of ply that rested in the hole and served as a door. We would then come back down, re-position the ladder and make the precarious climb into the loft just next to the stairs.
Once the retaining wall had been finished, we were able to start work on the much needed shed.
Building the Shed Base
We opted for a concrete block base. This lifts the shed up slightly and therefore allows air to flow around the joists which should help to prolong its life. It was also easier and cheaper than making a solid base for it (particularly given that the only access to the garden is through the house).
Blogging about our Victorian house renovation!