The plasterer has been! Here’s the timelapse (another one!) for the plastering being done. It cuts out early as I managed to mess up charging the camera, but hopefully you should get the gist!
It has thrown up a few surprises, such as realising that the ceiling is not properly fixed in place. It appears that whoever plaster-boarded the ceiling just nailed the boards to the existing ceiling, rather than to the joists themselves. The consequence of this is that, if you climb a ladder, you can push the ceiling upwards by about an inch! The plan is to screw it properly to the joists and then hopefully, at some point in the future, finish it off with coving.
The other surprise was the amount of woodchip wallpaper that I found hiding underneath the paint yesterday. That was another couple of hours of my life that I’ll never get back! Large swathes of it was (very helpfully covered in Polyfilla, meaning that we weren’t quite sure how far we had to strip the paper back. It was a bit of trial and error!
If anyone in the area would like a brilliant plasterer, ours comes very highly recommended: Palace Plastering